You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
Through unique research and training programs, Mitacs is developing the next generation of innovators with vital scientific and business skills. In partnership with companies, government and academia, Mitacs is supporting a new economy using Canada's most valuable resource - its people.
Mitacs is looking to assist businesses act on their research needs by matching them with the academic expertise needed to reach their goal.
Through Mitacs-Accelerate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from over 50 universities apply their specialized expertise to business-related research challenges. Armed with the very latest tools, techniques, and innovations, the intern (a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow) brings a new perspective to the problem faced by the industry partner.
- Interns spend approximately half of the time on-site with the industry partner; the remainder is spent at the university advancing the research under the guidance of a faculty supervisor.
- Open to all disciplines and all industry sectors, projects can span a wide range of areas, including: manufacturing, technical innovation, business processes, IT, social sciences, design, and more.
- Peer-reviewed: ensures high quality research
- Industry-friendly: Mitacs and the university manage all administrative and financial issues; intern is not a company employee
- Increased innovation: gain novel solutions to challenging problems
- Projects may be eligible for SR&ED tax credits, Mitacs provides matching funds to the projects
- Mitacs can help companies access university expertise
- Accelerate Standard: Scalable in 4-month internship units
- The Mitacs-Accelerate internship program is scalable in its design. Projects can range from a single four-month internship unit to multiple units combined together to accommodate larger projects.
- Cost-shared model with Mitacs, through the support of federal and provincial government funding, matching the industry partner contribution dollar-for-dollar.
- Each four-month internship unit can be stretched to a maximum of six months to allow for part-time participation.