You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
- Information Session: Intellectual Property Program
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2017
- Hacking Health St. John's Cafe and Chapter Launch
- Call for Expressions of Interest: New England Business Development Outbound November 2016
- NATI Autonomous Systems Network Meeting Nov. 2nd
- NATI applauds Government commitment to a Provincial Innovation Agenda
- NATI 2017-2018 Export Internship Program Call for Applications
- Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
- Coding in Schools Pilot Program
- NATI Feedback Survey
- NATI Innovation Roundtable Luncheon
- Speaker Series: Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics
- Hacking Health St. John's Call for Sponsors
- NATI Innovation Roundtable
- OCIO Information Session
- NATI supports “An Open Letter from the Canadian Tech Community: Diversity is our Strength”
- Dream, Girl YYT
- Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
- Hacking Health St. John's Hackathon
- Lean Startup Workshop
- NATI Board Nomination Notification 2017
- 2017 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Call for Sponsors – 2017 Youth in Technology Conference
- NATI Member Export Strategy & Support Consultation
2014 Year in Review
Sunday, April 30, 2017
NATI'S 2014 IN REVIEW
2014 has been a busy year here at NATI! Through our working partnerships with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, and our industry and organization partners, we continue to accelerate the business of technology.
This year NATI co-chaired the IBDA ICT committee and led a pan-Atlantic trade mission to theGame Developers Conference(GDC) in San Francisco. NATI also represented the province's technology sector in partnership with OceansAdvance at theOceans 2014 Conference, held in St. John's, NL for the first time ever in 2014. As well, NATI led a provincial ocean technology trade mission to theNavalshoreConference and Exhibition in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In April, NATI brought Gartner, the world's leading information technology research and advisory company, to St. John's to deliver an interactive session with Gartner VP of Research Chris Howard. An Atlantic Canada native, Chris delivered three tailored sessions to a packed room at the Sheraton Hotel.
In May, Innovation Week 2014took place in St. John's. The first event of its kind in Newfoundland & Labrador, Innovation Week saw over 1,500 people participate in seven events. Organizers included NATI, ADIANL, Genesis Centre, NEIA, CME NL, CNA & the Youth in Technology committee, Common Ground, OA, StartupNL, TEDxStJohns, IBRD and ACOA. Together, this group put together an amazing lineup of conferences and events featuring speakers, mentors and business leaders from across North America.
In 2014, NATI continued to support and work with entrepreneurs and the start-up community in the province by inviting them to attend our conferences and networking events, and by supporting a number of events designed for them, including Limitless Business Days and the Common Ground Fun-Raiser. In June, NATI CEO Ron Taylor attended the Startup Canada Awards in Toronto where leading entrepreneurs, communities and organizations were recognized for outstanding leadership in advancing Canadian entrepreneurship.
This year NATI engaged consultants to assist our members with hot topics such as human resources management, innovation commercialization and intellectual property protection, and continues to work with member companies to improve their knowledge and skills in these areas of business management and growth.
In 2014, NATI partnered with the Government of NL and the M5 Group of Companies to launch theOutSmart Program. This program enables five knowledge-based companies in NL to bring their marketing message to international markets and realize global export opportunities. This one year program is intended to develop tailored marketing platforms and complete online presence for each company, so they will be able to better execute targeted marketing programs into new export markets.
NATI continues to partner with ACOA in delivering theNATI-ACOAExport Programandthe NATI Internship Programswhich include theInternational Export Internshipand theCommercialization Officer Internship. NATI's Internship Programs are the only ones of their kind in the province, and support local companies in hiring recent post-secondary graduates to grow export activities and to encourage innovation commercialization.
NATI's Ocean Technology Commercial Initiative (OTCI) continues to support collaborative initiatives designed to augment the capabilities of our ocean technology sector, and NATI is once coordinating the NL portion of the Sanofi BioGENEius Challenge.
NATI hosted itsAnnual General Meetingin May and a new Board of Directors was elected. NATI was thrilled to welcome Peter Rawsthorne, Carol Ann Thomas and Sam Bromley to the Board. These new directors joined new Chair Mandy Woodland, Chris Spurvey, Chris Dillon, Brad Dobbin, June Turpin, Ajay Pande and Danny Penton to form the 2014-2015 Board of Directors.
Throughout 2014 NATI hosted a number of networking events which were open to members, partners, and friends. The Summer BBQ at the Gypsy Tearoom Courtyard and Holiday Social at Basho reached capacity with over 150 people attending the Summer BBQ and over 100 people attending the Holiday Party.
NATI has worked hard to ensure that as the voice of the NL technology sector it has been heard loud and clear in 2014 through oursocial media channels, our constantly updatedwebsiteand events calendar, and ourweekly member newsletter. NATI represents the province's technology sector at outside events, and sits on various committees and boards to give the industry a voice where needed
It has been an incredibly successful year for NATI and for the technology industry as a whole. A special thank you goes out to all of our members, partners, and our Board of Directors for their continued commitment to ensuring the success of the sector.
We look forward to working with you all again in 2015, in what is sure to be another excellent year for the technology sector in Newfoundland and Labrador!