You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
A Year in Review
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Thank you for making 2012 such a successful year for the technology sector in NL.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday season, and much success in the New Year.
NATI'S 2012 IN REVIEW
The advanced technology sector in NL employs 3700 people in 170 companies, and produces revenues of $1.6B, representing 6% of the provincial GDP.
2012 has been a busy year here at NATI! Through our working partnerships with OceansAdvance, The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, The St. John's Board of Trade, The International Business Development Agreement ICT group (IBDA), and the Association of Canadian Information Technology Professionals (CIPS), we continue to accelerate the business of technology.
This year NATI led two pan-Atlantic trade missions: The first to Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, the second toFuturecom in Brazil. NATI also represented the technology sector of NL at BIO Boston, the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), the South Eastern United States-Canadian Provinces (SEUSS-CP) Alliance Conference, and Oceans 2012.
In March NATI hosted its annual industry conference, Solutions Summit 2012. An outstanding line up of speakers and an engaged audience of representatives from private sector, public sector, and students, made for an excellent event.
NATI also chaired the committee responsible for the 2012 CIPS Women in Technology (WIT) conference. WIT 2012 was the biggest yet, with almost 400 girls in attendance and a Corner Brook location was added for the first time.
NATI serves as provincial ambassador for Startup Canada, and led the NL Startup tour in July. This included town hall sessions with local entrepreneurs, workshops with entrepreneurial minded students, and meetings with members of the entrepreneurial support community. The NATI Summer Barbecue kicked off the tour, and was a huge success with over 250 people in attendance.
This year NATI also brought in experts on topics such as proposal writing, business development in the tech sector, and mentorship, to work with member companies in these areas.
NATI's Business Development Coordinator, Natasha Hudson, was selected from a pool of over 70 applicants to participate in theTechWomen Canada program in Silicon Valley. Upon her return from the program she launched TechWomen NL, a working group for professional females in the tech sector.
NATI also hosted its annual Bio Partnering event, and is coordinating the NL portion of the Sanofi BioGENEius Challenge Canada.
NATI worked to better engage with the students of the province. Students were invited to attend the Solutions Summit conference, NATI spoke to career development classes, and partnerships were formed with several student groups including SIFE, MUNTech, and NL WebDevs.
NATI partners with ACOA to execute the Export Program and the Internship Program. NATI's Internship Program is the only of its kind in the province, and supports local companies in hiring recent post-secondary graduates to grow export activities.
NATI has worked hard to ensure that as the voice of the NL technology sector it has been heard loud and clear in 2012 through social media, a constantly updated website and events calendar, and weekly newsletter. NATI represents the province's technology sector at outside events, and sits on various committees and boards to give the industry a voice where it needs one. NATI staff volunteer with the IBDA ICT committee, the NL Business Coalition, the St. John's Board of Trade, CIPS, Startup Canada, and the Innovation Council. Additionally, Natasha Hudson was recently selected as a member of the international advisory council for Canadian Women in Technology (CanWIT), extending NATI's reach to an international level.
At the Annual General Meeting in May a new Board of Directors was elected. NATI was thrilled to welcome June Turpin, Mandy Woodland, and Terry Hussy to the Board. These new directors joined Gerard Duggan, Geoff Davis, Suzanne Kenney, Weston Raske, and Chris Spurvey to form the 2012-2013 Board of Directors.
The NATI Board has enhanced its engagement with Provincial Government stakeholders. This included working with the Department of Innovation, Business, and Rural Development to ensure NATI had input in strategic planning consultation for economic development in the technology sector, and working with OCIO to help inform the mandate and support for industry development. The Board has also led the creation of a communications strategy and media management process with help from Cape Consulting. Additionally, the Board has drafted an initial framework for a more formal Post- Secondary engagement initiative.
Going forward the NATI Board will be working towards an improved membership value strategy and membership recruiting, board member recruiting, closing out 2012 fiscal year and lending support to the Knowledge Summit scheduled for March 2103.
It has been an incredibly successful year for NATI and for the technology industry as a whole. A special thank you goes out to all of our members, partners, and our Board of Directors for their continued commitment to ensuring the success of the sector.
We look forward to working with you all again in 2013, NATI's 25th Anniversary year and what is sure to be another excellent year for the technology sector in Newfoundland and Labrador!