You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
- Information Session: Intellectual Property Program
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2017
- Hacking Health St. John's Cafe and Chapter Launch
- Call for Expressions of Interest: New England Business Development Outbound November 2016
- NATI Autonomous Systems Network Meeting Nov. 2nd
- NATI applauds Government commitment to a Provincial Innovation Agenda
- NATI 2017-2018 Export Internship Program Call for Applications
- Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
- Coding in Schools Pilot Program
- NATI Feedback Survey
- NATI Innovation Roundtable Luncheon
- Speaker Series: Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics
- Hacking Health St. John's Call for Sponsors
- NATI Innovation Roundtable
- OCIO Information Session
- NATI supports “An Open Letter from the Canadian Tech Community: Diversity is our Strength”
- Dream, Girl YYT
- Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
- Hacking Health St. John's Hackathon
- Lean Startup Workshop
- NATI Board Nomination Notification 2017
- 2017 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Call for Sponsors – 2017 Youth in Technology Conference
- NATI Member Export Strategy & Support Consultation
Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Under the International Business Development Agreement (IBDA), NATI is recruiting Atlantic Canadian companies to participate in the Pan-Atlantic trade mission to New York City, March 20 -22, 2017
New York City (NYC) is home to large majority of the world's fortune 500 companies and the city presents significant opportunities for companies to identify sales and partnership opportunities.
The focus of this project would be to identify partners and potential clients in the technology sector with a strong focus on a B2B program for Atlantic Canadian companies.
The overall goal is to promote the expertise and capabilities of Atlantic Canadian Technology companies and to support and promote the companies in a manner consistent with the Integrative Trade Model including export promotion, partnering, technology transfer, etc.
The mission will focus on Atlantic Canadian companies operating in the following 5 sectors:
New applications, processes, products or business models in the financial services industry including:
- Banking or insurance sectors;
- Supported business processes such as financial information, payments, investments, financing, advisory and cross-process support;
- Retail, private and corporate banking as well as life and non-life insurance;
- Business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C) or consumer-to-consumer (C2C);
- Personal finance management systems;
- Peer-to-peer lending..
Content that is stored in digital formats and usually distributed online, including:
- Games - console, online and mobile;
- Websites and mobile applications;
- Social media;
- Augmented reality;
- Virtual reality;
- Data visualization;
- Location-based services;
- Interactive Storytelling.
Technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems, including:
- Online shopping web sites for retail sales direct to consumers;
- Providing or participating in online marketplaces, which process third-party business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales;
- Business-to-business buying and selling;
- Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media;
- Business-to-business electronic data interchange;
- Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax;
- Engaging in retail for launching new products and services;
- Online financial exchanges for currency exchanges or trading purposes..
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS has become a common delivery model for many business applications, including office and messaging software, payroll processing software, DBMS software, management software, CAD software, development software, gamification, virtualization,  accounting, collaboration, customer relationship management (CRM), management information systems (MIS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), invoicing, human resource management (HRM), talent acquisition, content management (CM), antivirus software, and service desk management. 
Technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access.
- Application security;
- Information security;
- Network security;
- Disaster recovery / business continuity planning;
- End-user education
The mission will begin with a visit to the Canadian Consulate and/or the CTA in New York City.
Our visit to the consulate would involve a meeting with the Trade Commissioners who would play a role on a go forward basis with the Atlantic Canadian companies.
There is also an opportunity to visit the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA@NYC) in New York City in 2012 that assists Canadian digital media companies with key resources to accelerate their growth.
The CTA @ NYC is geared to supporting start-ups looking to achieve the following business objectives in the NYC market:
- Strengthening angel / VC investor networks;
- Landing a marquee client / strategic partnership;
- Exploring expansion of business development operations into NYC.
The balance of the 3 day mission will focus on targeted B2B meetings using the services of a matchmaker through an RFP who is well versed and connected in NYC.
The matchmaking service is an essential proportion of any trade mission and especially for a market like NCY. As such this mission will be targeted at mature and experienced Atlantic Canadian exporters. The consultant will be tasked with ensuring that these companies get the most value from their participation.
The selected matchmaking firm will be expected to ensure each attendee is prepared for the rigorous exercise in dealing with the NYC market. As such, the selected firm will have prior experience and a successful track record of assisting companies in the NYC marketplace. The matchmaker will be selected through an IBDA RFP process
The participation fee per company is $500.00, including matchmaking.
Confirmation for your participation in NYC 2017 will be made by email once your application has been received and your participation fee is paid in full at Eventbrite:
Click here for the application.