You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
- Information Session: Intellectual Property Program
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2017
- Hacking Health St. John's Cafe and Chapter Launch
- Call for Expressions of Interest: New England Business Development Outbound November 2016
- NATI Autonomous Systems Network Meeting Nov. 2nd
- NATI applauds Government commitment to a Provincial Innovation Agenda
- NATI 2017-2018 Export Internship Program Call for Applications
- Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
- Coding in Schools Pilot Program
- NATI Feedback Survey
- NATI Innovation Roundtable Luncheon
- Speaker Series: Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics
- Hacking Health St. John's Call for Sponsors
- NATI Innovation Roundtable
- OCIO Information Session
- NATI supports “An Open Letter from the Canadian Tech Community: Diversity is our Strength”
- Dream, Girl YYT
- Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
- Hacking Health St. John's Hackathon
- Lean Startup Workshop
- NATI Board Nomination Notification 2017
- 2017 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Call for Sponsors – 2017 Youth in Technology Conference
- NATI Member Export Strategy & Support Consultation
Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
Sunday, April 30, 2017
One day hands-on workshop, featuring a top Silicon Valley expert
Tuesday, March 7th,
8:30am - 5:00pm
Deloitte Boardroom, 5 Springdale Street, #1000, St. John's, NL
Cost: $40 for NATI Members, $60 for non-Members
EMPOWERING CORPORATE INNOVATION: LESSONS ALL COMPANIES CAN LEARN FROM A SILICON VALLEY INNOVATOR & ENTREPRENEUR
Innovation is the key to organization growth and competitiveness in 21st century. Innovation involves adoption of a new idea, process, technology, product, service or business model that improves upon the previous model.
Innovation within an organization opens unlimited creative potential for resolving old problems and for answering the challenges of global disruptive trends.
Innovative change is an opportunity for corporate entrepreneurs to create new values, enter new markets and set new standards.
How can we teach corporations to be as innovative as Silicon Valley entrepreneurs ?
Which lessons can companies learn from innovative startups, and how they can grow start-ups internally?
What are the major principles and techniques of innovation incubation inside the company?
Managing Corporate Innovation is another great challenge for big corporations around the globe today. Which strategies and structural changes corporations need to make in order to cultivate innovation?
How can a big company manage its innovative transition and which tools, technologies and leadership strategies do future-oriented companies need today?
Creating an inspiring ecosystem for innovation is crucially important for corporate innovation. How to build a corporate culture that welcomes and inspires innovation within your organization?
You will get answers to all these questions at this unique workshop.
You will also:
- Get practical knowledge you won't find in any book
- Meet a top Silicon Valley expert and ask him questions
- Learn how to innovate from a top-tier speaker
- Spend a day, full of insights, inspiration and break-through ideas
- Don't miss an opportunity to bring your business to a new level
- Everything you need to know to empower innovation and become a change maker
What you will learn:
- What are the key elements, types and drivers of innovation
which any company can adopt?
- Who are the innovators? And how can you identify these change leaders inside your company?
- How do you create an innovative culture and ecosystem for entrepreneurship inside any organization?
- How to make the right investments in innovative ideas, products and services that your company needs?
- How to lead innovation inside your company and manage corporate innovators and entrepreneurs?
- Get a set or practical instructions, methods and tools to catalyze and scale innovation inside your company.
Who should attend:
- Corporate Executives, CEOs and Founders, HR Executives & Business Development Managers, Business Consultants, Team Leaders, Startup Teams
Part 1: How to get better at Innovation
Part 2: Outsourcing Innovation
Part 3: Innovating from Inside: Building an Innovative Ecosystem and Culture
Part 4: Becoming an agent of change: Leading Innovation and Inspiring Corporate Entrepreneurs
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Rick Ramussen, Managing Director of Concordia Ventures
Rick Rasmussen is a Silicon Valley native with entrepreneurial, executive, government and academic experience focusing on startups and growth stage companies. He works extensively with governments and economic development agencies looking to connect with Silicon Valley. He is an active member of the Sand Hill Angels investment group.
He served as the VP of Business Development for nestGSV, a large-scale accelerator in Silicon Valley where he focused on International Business Development and Acceleration Programs. Prior, Mr. Rasmussen served as the Trade Commissioner for the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade with responsibility for linking Canadian IT companies to the Valley. Prior, he served as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Institutional Venture Partners, Interim CEO for Road, President and CEO for BuzMe.com. He currently advises a half-dozen companies in mobile and international social media and serves as a Director of CritterPix, an animated feature film startup in Marin County, CA.
Rick Rasmussen earned an Electrical Engineering and Computer Science degree from the University of California at Berkeley and an dual MBA degree from UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business and Columbia's Graduate School of Business in New York City. Rick Rasmussen is also teaching Leadership & Entrepreneurship courses at UC Berkeley and Stanford University.
Click here to register to attend the Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rich Rasmussen.