You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
- Information Session: Intellectual Property Program
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2017
- Hacking Health St. John's Cafe and Chapter Launch
- Call for Expressions of Interest: New England Business Development Outbound November 2016
- NATI Autonomous Systems Network Meeting Nov. 2nd
- NATI applauds Government commitment to a Provincial Innovation Agenda
- NATI 2017-2018 Export Internship Program Call for Applications
- Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
- Coding in Schools Pilot Program
- NATI Feedback Survey
- NATI Innovation Roundtable Luncheon
- Speaker Series: Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics
- Hacking Health St. John's Call for Sponsors
- NATI Innovation Roundtable
- OCIO Information Session
- NATI supports “An Open Letter from the Canadian Tech Community: Diversity is our Strength”
- Dream, Girl YYT
- Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
- Hacking Health St. John's Hackathon
- Lean Startup Workshop
- NATI Board Nomination Notification 2017
- 2017 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Call for Sponsors – 2017 Youth in Technology Conference
- NATI Member Export Strategy & Support Consultation
Project Management Training for NATI Members
Sunday, April 30, 2017
In response to member demand, NATI is pleased to offer our membership the opportunity to participate in a 2 day Project Management workshop, taking place in St. John's on November 18th and 19th, 2015. NATI has contracted with Global Knowledge, the world's leading learning services and professional development solutions provider.
The first day of training will provide an overview of Project Management Fundamentals, methodology and concepts. Day 2 will provide a hands-on training lab in the use of MS Project 2013, the industry standard for project management software.
This training package is valued at $990.00, and is being offered to NATI members at a discounted rate of $99.00 + tax per attendee. This rate includes a working lunch both days. As the training is limited to 12 participants in order to ensure a high quality of instruction and interaction, seats are limited to private sector firms, and are offered as one per NATI member company.
Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis by registering through the EventBrite link here: http://natipmtraining.eventbrite.ca
Dates for Training Delivery:
- Wednesday, November 18th, 2015: PM 100
- Thursday, November 19th, 2015: MS Project 2013
Start & End Times:8:30 am - 4:30 pm Daily
Lunch (provided): 12 noon to 1:00 pm Daily
Training Location:Chartered Accountants of NL Offices, 95 Bonaventure Avenue, Suite 500
Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
Project Management Overview (PM100)*: Facilitator Elizabeth Grant
Learn the basic concepts and techniques of project management.
In this course, you will be introduced to the project management life cycle and key project management concepts of constraints, stakeholders, scope, risk, and communication.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Project management terminology as you apply basic project management concepts
- Essential management skills and techniques of project management
- Common project challenges
- How you can play a more active role in supporting a project
Who Needs to Attend
- Project team members who want to perform basic project management tasks on their projects or teams
- Business analysts who are working toward their Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) certification
- Anyone interested in becoming a project manager or exploring it as a career
- Anyone who works with project managers, such as IT staff, functional managers and team members, sales representatives, and administrative personnel.
*This training also provides 7 PMI PDUS for those interested in pursuing PMI certification.
Thursday, November 19th, 2015
Microsoft Project 2013 Level 1 Condensed: Facilitator Don Heale
In this clinic with hands-on labs, you will learn the introductory and intermediate features and functionality of Microsoft Project 2013.
What You'll Learn:
- Basic purpose and operation of the software
- Work with windows, Ribbon tabs and buttons, and views
- Create a new project and create, edit, and outline a task list, as well as establish dependencies by linking tasks.
- Add and assign resources to a project, work with project calendars, and enter project costs, such as standard, variable, and fixed costs
- Apply page setup options, create headers and footers, insert page breaks, and preview and print project information
- Apply task type settings, modify fixed tasks, set task constraints, and define and format the critical path
- Apply pre-set and custom contours, edit resource assignments, identify and resolve resource over allocations, and set and modify a baseline
- Track the progress of a project, update tasks and the schedule, and compare baseline and actual data
- Sort, filter, and group views
- Format views and format the Gantt Chart
Who Needs to Attend
- New Microsoft Project 2013 users
ABOUT GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE
Global Knowledgeis the world's leading learning services and professional development solutions provider. We deliver learning solutions to support customers as they adapt to key business transformations and technological advancements that drive the way that organizations around the world differentiate themselves and thrive. Our learning programs, whether designed for a global organization or an individual professional, help businesses close skills gaps and foster an environment of continuous talent development.
Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of customized private programs, convenient public training scheduling options, flexible delivery formats and continuous learning support to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, leadership development, business analysis, project management, IT service management and process improvement. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat, SAP and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for advancements in application development, big data analytics, change management, cloud computing, cybersecurity and networking. Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,300 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina.