You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
- NATI pleased with Business Attraction Support for Desire2Learn
- Celtx does 48 Hours in the Valley
- TechWomen Canada 2012 Program Recap
- A Year in Review
- Invitation to attend the 4th BioMarine Business Convention
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Monitoring Technologies for Northern, Offshore & Oil Sands Environments
- Ireland & United Kingdom Trade Development Missions, March 2013
- Knowledge Summit 2013
- Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Navalshore 2013
- TechWomen Canada
- Important Message from the Chair
- Nominations for NATI Board of Directors Open
- Revisions to NATI Constitution
- NAVALSHORE Marintech South America 2013
- Competition for Canadian tech companies to win a tailored business trip to the UK
- AGM and Election of Directors 2013
- RFP for the Provision of Consulting/Matchmaking Services
- Bluedrop Recognized at Clinton Global Initiative
- New Proposals Sought For Canadian Safety and Security Program
- Beyond Your Backyard: Export Diagnostic Program
- The Annual NATI Summer Barbecue
- NATI Summer BBQ a huge success!
- CTA Boston Call for Applications
- 48 Hours in the Valley applications now open
- Message from outgoing Business Development Executive Brittany Brinston
- NATI 2013 Bio-Partnering Forum
- The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Program Outreach Tour - Save the Date
- NATI's Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research Program - Call for Applications
- NATI’s 2013-2014 Export Program
- NATI Proposing a Series of HR Seminars
- It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our friend and coworker Brenda Bryant
- Trade Mission to GDC 2014
- Year in Review
- NATI Offering Gardiner Centre HR Seminars - Registration Now Open
- SmartForce NL- NEW Courses Available
- 48 Hours in the Hub - Call for Applications
- NATI Biotechnology & Life Sciences Commercialization Workshop
- NATI brings Gartner to St. John's!
- NATI Knowledge Summit
- NATI AGM 2014
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors
- Navalshore Mission - 2 spaces available!
- Incoming Fall 2014 Bio-Partnering Mission
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil
- OutSmart Program - Information Session
- Want to Receive Emails from NATI?
- CTA@Boston Call for Applications
- Triware and NATI offer InFocus Lunch and Learn: Collaboration and the Mondopad
- Common Ground Private Office Space Available
- Common Ground Fun-Raiser
- NATI-ACOA 2014-2015 Export Internship Program
- NATI Fall Networking Mixer
- Pan-Atlantic Trade Mission to Mobile World Congress 2015 - Apply Now!
- NATI Fall Mixer A Huge Success!
- Limitless Business Day
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2015
- RFP: Mobile World Congress 2015
- 2014 Year in Review
- EY SR&ED Session
- Save the Date: 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- You're Invited! Sectors Connect Networking Mixer
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2015 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Multi-City Tour Brazil 2015
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2015/16
- GROW 2015
- International Bio Partnering Mission 2015-2016
- KPMG Breakfast Seminar: IS YOUR BUSINESS U.S.TAX COMPLIANT?
- Technology Commercialization Workshop
- Call for Expressions for Interest for Project Management Training
- New England Maritime Innovation Meeting: Invitation to Participate
- NATI's 2015-2016 Commercialization Officer Internship & Directed Research Program (COIDRP) NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
- Project Management Training for NATI Members
- Call for Expressions of Interest: Exploratory Outbound Mission to Singapore, including the 2016 Singapore Airshow
- Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2016 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Information Session: CanExport - What's in it for my company?
- Lunch & Learn with Acquaint Personnel Services: HR Services for SMEs in the Advanced Technology Sector
- Design Thinking for Advanced Technology SMEs
- NATI Elects New Board of Directors for 2016/17
- Accelerate NL
- Canada's Innovation Ecosystem: Seeding, Scaling and Going Global
- Gaining the Value Added Sales and Marketing Edge Through Trust
- NATI Summer Social 2016
- Information Session: Intellectual Property Program
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2017
- Hacking Health St. John's Cafe and Chapter Launch
- Call for Expressions of Interest: New England Business Development Outbound November 2016
- NATI Autonomous Systems Network Meeting Nov. 2nd
- NATI applauds Government commitment to a Provincial Innovation Agenda
- NATI 2017-2018 Export Internship Program Call for Applications
- Call for Applications: Trade Mission to New York City - March 20-22, 2017
- Coding in Schools Pilot Program
- NATI Feedback Survey
- NATI Innovation Roundtable Luncheon
- Speaker Series: Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics
- Hacking Health St. John's Call for Sponsors
- NATI Innovation Roundtable
- OCIO Information Session
- NATI supports “An Open Letter from the Canadian Tech Community: Diversity is our Strength”
- Dream, Girl YYT
- Corporate Innovation Workshop with Rick Rasmussen
- Hacking Health St. John's Hackathon
- Lean Startup Workshop
- NATI Board Nomination Notification 2017
- 2017 NATI Knowledge Summit
- Call for Sponsors – 2017 Youth in Technology Conference
- NATI Member Export Strategy & Support Consultation
Three Companies Receive Investment through Venture Newfoundland and Labrador
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Three Newfoundland and Labrador companies will receive a total investment of $750,000 from Venture Newfoundland and Labrador, a venture capital fund established by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and managed by Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd. The fund is designed to provide greater access to capital for innovative entrepreneurs with high-growth potential start-ups.
"Growing an entrepreneurial culture and fostering innovation
through venture capital investment presents tremendous opportunity
for our province. These three companies are great examples of how
we can use innovative ideas to diversify our economy into new areas
of business. This seed money will allow them to continue to grow
their operations in our province. I believe there is an even
brighter future ahead for these three innovative companies."
- The Honourable Christopher Mitchelmore, Minister of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
On behalf of Venture Newfoundland and Labrador, Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd. is investing $250,000 in each of three Newfoundland and Labrador companies: Clockwork Fox, HeyOrca and Sentinel Alert.
"Today's announcement of investment in three diverse companies
in Newfoundland and Labrador is yet another step forward for the
innovation economy we are proud to support and help grow. Each of
these talented entrepreneurial teams is playing a role in changing
and shaping the economic future of Newfoundland and Labrador. We
are proud to invest. Our fund is always looking to work with new
investors as we grow and ultimately invest in many new
- Tom Hayes, Managing Director, Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd.
Clockwork Fox Studios develops educational games and technologies. Its marquee product is Zorbit's Math Adventure, a game-based learning system for early math. Zorbit's Math Adventure combines stories and games with the best math pedagogy to improve K-3 learning outcomes.
"We have a highly skilled staff who produce market-leading
gamed-based learning products for education. This investment will
allow us to produce additional products for schools, and accelerate
access to export markets, particularly the US."
- Ed J. Martin President, Clockwork Fox
HeyOrca enables marketing agencies and their clients to seamlessly collaborate on social media content by providing a client facing interface and streamlining the approval process.
"This investment is important for us because we will be able to
grow our team and amplify the business model we created and grew in
2015. Today's news means accelerated growth for HeyOrca with the
potential of new job creation and expanded entry into new markets.
We are negotiating deals in the US and other parts of Canada; this
funding ensures we will also be closer to our customers and better
understand their needs."
- Joe Teo, Co-founder, HeyOrca
Sentinel Alert is a safety software company designed to help industrial companies reduce worker accidents and send their teams home safe every day. Sentinel Alert was the first Newfoundland and Labrador company to take part in Propel ICT's Launch 36 accelerator in fall 2014.
"One of the key things this investment allows us to do is hire
the talent we need to grow Sentinel Alert and compete globally.
We're creating new jobs that require talented technical people in a
fast moving and innovative market. We are proud to be helping to
build the foundation for a new industry, one of innovation that is
not geographically or commodity based. This investment helps create
a demand for a new type of work and a new type of
- Sarah Murphy, Co-founder and CEO, Sentinel Alert
The Provincial Government is committed to growing a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation that presents economic potential for Newfoundland and Labrador. The Venture Newfoundland and Labrador Fund is a venture capital fund solely for local business that will provide funding to support new start-ups and companies in the very early stages of their development. Along with a $10 million Provincial Government investment, the fund is supported by $2 million from BDC Capital and additional funding from private investors.
- Three Newfoundland and Labrador companies will receive a total investment of $750,000 from Venture Newfoundland and Labrador, a venture capital fund established by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and managed by Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd.
- On behalf of Venture Newfoundland and Labrador, Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd. is investing $250,000 in each of three Newfoundland and Labrador companies: Clockwork Fox, HeyOrca and Sentinel Alert.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Department of Business, Tourism, Culture and Rural Development
Pelorus Venture Capital Ltd