You have printed or saved this information from www.NATI.net, the website for the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries.
Atlantic Innovation Fund
Posted Tuesday, October 07, 2014
ACOA's Advanced Innovation Programming
In today's economy, staying competitive means being innovative. Products and services must meet the demands and the standards of the global market. New technologies must be developed, acquired or adapted for maximum productivity. Businesses and researchers need to work together to help new and traditional sectors pursue opportunities and solve challenges.
That's where the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) can help.
ACOA's newly enhanced innovation programming- which includes the Atlantic Innovation Fund and the Business Development Program-now offers a more accessible, flexible and streamlined approach to supporting productivity, commercialization and competitiveness in Atlantic Canada.
ACOA provides support to help Atlantic Canadians:
- develop new products and servicesthat will lead to strong commercial results and long-term economic growth
- bring new products and services to market by turning innovative ideas into competitive products and technologies that meet market demands and global standards
- adapt and acquire new technology that can help boost productivity and competitiveness, and meet ever-evolving customer needs
- build skills for today's economy that will allow businesses to take operations to the next level of productivity, commercialization and competiveness
Atlantic Innovation Fund
ACOA's flagship program for innovation and commercialization, the Atlantic Canada Innovation Fund help Atlantic Canadians develop and bring to market new products and services that lead to market success, help grow strategic sectors, or lead to the creation of research and commercialization partnerships.
Are you a business, university, college or research institution looking to:
- develop and bring to market new products and services that meet market demands and global quality standards?
- adapt new technology to meet business needs or respond to market opportunities?
- help Atlantic Canada's new and traditional sectors pursue opportunities, solve challenges, stay competitive and grow?
The Atlantic Innovation Fund may be able to help.
A part of the Government of Canada's commitment to increasing business productivity, growth and competitiveness, the AIF is helping Atlantic Canada compete at home and abroad by supporting the development of innovative products and services that lead to commercial success.
What types of projects are eligible for funding?
The AIF supports technically sound, market-focused projects that lead to the successful development and commercialization of technology-based products and services. The program also helps businesses work with researchers to adapt existing technology to meet business needs and capitalize on market opportunities.
How much assistance is available?
The Business Development Program can provide assistance of up to 75% of the eligible project costs of your project.
To find out more, click here or contact the ACOA office nearest you:
Prince Edward Island:1-800-871-2596
ACOA Head Office:1-800-561-7862